Board of Directors
Frank's a native of Norfolk, Virginia. Following his graduation with a Bachelor of Arts in History from Old Dominion College (now University), Frank was commissioned in the U.S. Air Force and served as a munitions and missile maintenance officer. He took leave to attend law school, obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver College of Law, and began his service as a Judge Advocate, with tours including the faculty of the U.S. Air Force Academy and as Staff Judge Advocate at Hickam AFB, HI. He also acquired another law degree (Masters of Law) from the University of Michigan.
Following his retirement as a Colonel after 24 years, Frank entered private practice in a large firm in San Antonio, Texas, before moving to an even larger firm in Dallas, specializing in Labor and Employment Law. After 15 years, Frank finally retired from the practice of law, and moved to Winchester, Virginia, where he and his wife bought an antebellum limestone house one-half block from Virginia Militia Colonel George Washington's 1756 headquarters for Fort Loudoun. Understandably, Frank was re-bitten by the history bug, and became involved with the Winchester Historic Society, and the Preservation of Historic Winchester. After serving on the board of PHW, Frank was elected President for two terms.
Frank moved south to warmer Venice, where he was soon appointed to the Venice Historic Preservation Board. He is also a board member for the Sarasota Alliance for Historic Preservation. History, and historic preservation, (and Susan, his wife of many years) remain his passions. And he welcomes all fans of history to join him in "preserving the past, cherishing the present, and planning the future.”